Hello 2017


2016 might have been the most eventful year of my life so far. I had so many experiences and small adventures happening. Tried new things and faced new challenges. 
Not all of these were marvellous, luxurious, dreamy adventures. Nevertheless, they were for sure markable and memorable moments that happen in both my personal and my professional life. I have been so busy that I only just had a moment to breath and take in how much I have I accomplished during this year. 

I tried my best to find my new year resolutions for 2016 to insert them here. As I wanted to cross them one by one with you. But I seem to have lost them somewhere in the middle of the thousands of small papers and notes I have spreading across my bedroom. 

Even without my original list here are the things I am most proud to have accomplished this year:
  • Got work experience! - I got my first job in the summer of 2015, however, this year I got my first work experience in the fashion industry! It was amazing I got to see the industry up close. Putting what I have learned in class in practice. 
  • Read more - It was only recently that I realised the amount of books I have read for university! 
  • Handed in my dissertation - this one is completely crazy to me. I still can not believe I wrote 5000 words on the fashion industry
  • Traveled! - this past year I went to Sevilla and travelled all around Portugal! I haven't done this in years. in-between my 'casual' trips back home I barely have the time to travel anymore. It felt so good to travel once again and see the world a bit different. 
  • Became Vegan - it has been over a year since I stopped eating meat. Crazy enough almost six months since I completely stopped eating animal products. I can honestly say I never felt better. I can't even imagine myself eating them anymore! This decision changed my life around. It allowed me to see people's true colours. It allowed me to open my mind and heart towards the new and the different. It helped me be more confident in myself and my decisions. 
With all that in 2017 I will:
  1. Graduate from Uni
  2. Get a graduate job
  3. Blog and write more 
  4. Read more
  5. Travel more
  6. Do something everyday
  7. Stop comparing myself to others
  8. Be in a relationship I want to be in 
  9. Worry less about what other people think
  10. Be a better friend to my parents
  11. Strengthen my friendships 
  12. Be happy
Love,
xx

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top